Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Finally!

So, I suck. Go ahead, you can say it. I know it already. I haven't updated this thing in so long that I've almost forgotten about it. I could bore you with how busy I've been but who cares, right? You want pictures and video of Emily! WOO HOO! Let's begin with this picture I took of Emily at her 18 month-old check up. So as you can see, she's still unbearably cute. Also, she's 18 MONTHS OLD! Okay, anyway... She's been spending a couple of days a week with me while I'm unemployed (again) and today was the first day that it was warm enough for us to go outside and play. It was a lot of fun and she was just as cute as you can imagine. Here's a picture:
We played and ran around together and generally frolicked. I sat her down at the top of one of the slides and was able to get this video from the bottom.



See? Lots of fun. Then I wanted a picture of me and her together at the park. While trying to figure out how to accomplish this, Emily took my sunglasses off of my face and tried to put them on herself. So, purely out of horrible and terrible revenge, I took her hat off and put it on me. Then I took the picture.

Then I took another one so that I'd be smiling and my face would look fat. HOORAY!

More good times. We played and I could tell she was getting tired. I decided to get her to go down the slide one more time and then we'd go. I climbed up the steps trying to goad her into joining me, which didn't work. She looked up at me from the slides like she was waiting for a magic trick. So I sat down as if I'd go down the slide without her and again, she was unimpressed. Then she realized what I wanted her to do. Apparently, I wanted her to go to the bottom of the slide and catch me. She assumed the position, as she had seen me do many times that afternoon. I smiled really big when I realized what she was doing and decided that one more video couldn't hurt.

We both went home happy after that. Sorry for the delay in between posts. I'm sure it will happen again. I apologize for any Emily-deficiency related illness you might have suffered.

1 comment:

-amber- said...

I've waited and waited, and while those last posts are precious, and your daughter is cute and those posts are the most adorable things to watch (since I can't watch the real thing), it's really time to update sir...seriously. I know you're busy with work and having the actual family in front of you when you get off work, but there are those of us out here in the cyber world that miss that darling little girl of yours and just want to see a more recent photo and get an update...like how old is she now? Almost 2? 14? I don't know, it's cyberspace man, and kids grow up like weeds- is she a smart mouth like her old man yet? :D
I'm just playing around. Hope you're enjoying your time with her and your wife. Hope work is going well for you. Take care.